Disclosure: Our family was provided complimentary admission and tickets to a giveaway to Star Cinema Grill. I was not required to express a particular point of view and all opinions are my own.
My husband and I are always looking for ways to have date nights, and more often than not those date nights include our kids. What better way to have a family date night than with a movie? Well, how about a movie AND a dinner? We were excited to hear that Star Cinema Grill allows us to do so. So off we went to have a family date night watching Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Ticket prices: Adults $10.50, Child (ages 2-10) - $8.00, AM Shows (all shows before noon) - $6.00, Matinee Show (all shows between 12-before 6pm) - $8.00, Seniors (age 60+) $9.00
Location: Located in downtown Arlington Heights at 53 S. Evergreen Avenue
Parking: Limited parking located at the parking lot (shared with stores) or park in the garage
Crowded: We visited on a Wednesday evening and didn't find it crowded at all.
- Perfect location. Starwood Cinema Grill is located in the heart of downtown Arlington Heights surrounded by tons of restaurants (if you didn't want to eat or drink at the theater)
- Waiting is fun. The bar/ lounge would be the perfect way to wait for the movie to start. Or a great way to watch a game.
- Pretty cool decor and vibe. As we walked down the hallway to our theater, art prints of famous Hollywood stars greeted us.
- Plush comfortable seating. Loved how the white leather seats reclined and the armrest could be moved.
- Convenient. The whole process if quite seamless actually. We ordered food from the menus located under our table and filled out our order on the notepad. (You can also order directly through the server.) Once we decided on what we wanted to eat, we could could summon our server with a touch of a button. Much easier than having to flag our server during the movie and causing a disruptance.
- Unlike other theaters that entertain this concept, you do not need to purchase any food, but I highly suggest you do. It is, after all, part of the experience and what sets this apart from the typical movie theater.
- Wide selection of food to choose from! With fun catchy menu names like Lord of the Onion Rings or Gone With the Wings, it was a tough choice.
- The food is delicious. We've been to other movie theaters like this and have found that the food wasn't anything to boast about. Or the popcorn too "gourmet." Not here. We scarfed down the food. Like we would come here alone for the food. We started with the Nachos Libre, split the Classic Burger between the kids, and popcorn. Popcorn was served with the butter and salt on the side. Perfect so we could control the amount of butter added in.
- Clean, clean, clean! I didn't have to worry about stepping on popcorn (or gum) in the theater and being disgusted in the bathrooms. SO not typical with the average movie theater. Clean and classy.
- ...we could have tried the dessert. If we weren't so stuffed we would have liked to try their gourmet popcorn with white and dark chocolate drizzle. Oh yum.
Tips to enjoy Star Cinema Grill:
- Arrive a few minutes early so you don't have to read the menu in the dark.
- Also arrive early to grab seats. Seating is not assigned or reserved.
- Go on Tuesday and Thursdays for $7 admission and food specials.
- No children under the age of 6 after 6pm for R-rated features.
Did you know?
- They're growing! This Houston-based entertainment company have been around in Arlington Heights since May 2013, and have just acquired a new location 3 weeks ago in Naperville. - Hollywood Palms Cinema & Eatery.
I think we've found our new favorite place for movie night! Great food and a great atmosphere! Their goal is "To provide every guest with an unforgettable experience through unmatched service, the highest quality food and beverages, and a flawless film presentation". Everything was as stated and much more!
Interested in how Star Cinema Grill works? Watch this:
Is it time for a movie date night with or without the kids? Enter now for a chance to win a 4 pack of tickets plus a large popcorn.
Interested in discovering more things to do in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago? Read my list of more than 100 things to do this summer!