Last weekend we went to The Abbey Resort to check out the popular Lego show that was part of their All-Star LEGO Weekend. As you can imagine, with two toddlers fascinated with LEGOS, it was surely a fun, brick-tastic way to spend the day!
Highlights of the LEGO show:
- Two large rooms full of LEGO exhibits with amazing attention to detail...
....such as Spider-Man hanging out...and even Emmett and WildStyle
- Looking for gifts? They have a few vendors that sell LEGO goodies.
- Although we didn't get to participate, they had hands-on workshops that focus on the building process. This would have been perfect if our boys were older and had longer attention spans.
- Interested in treats/concessions? Food such as popcorn were available for sale.
- Though unrelated to LEGOs, we took a peek at the ice skating rink. Looked like fun!
- Those staying at the resort got to enjoy more fun activities including a LEGO Mini Fig Scavenger hunt, fireside s'mores, glow in the dark pool time, a special showing of "The LEGO Movie." We were so jealous!
- ...we stayed here the whole weekend to take advantage of all the LEGO fun. The Abbey is so great at planning family fun events. For instance, The Abbey will be celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday with special things planned such as scavenger hunts, truffula treats, and of course, birthday cake! They even have a special Seuss-themed menu that they will offer.
The Abbey never ceases to amaze me and they always have fun things planned for the entire family. This LEGO event was no exception. We'd love to come back during one of their family themed weekends like Dr. Seuss' birthday weekend or even during Spring Break.