My kids have had nothing but fun at BumbleBee Play Cafe in Elgin, so it when my youngest daughter’s birthday crept around the corner it was an obvious choice for her birthday party. The party rooms are spacious, plus there’s plenty of room for kids to play. Everyone, especially the birthday girl, had a blast at her birthday party at BumbleBee Play Cafe!
- Booking is a cinch. If you want to book a party, all you need to do is go on their website and book it. Just choose your date and time, the number of party rooms, the number of kids and adults, enter your credit card, and voila — all set! If you have questions though, feel free to call or email.
- Checking in is seamless. They have a station set up by the front where a person stands by to assist party guests in checking in by getting their waivers filled out and getting their wristbands put on.
- Private Room. When you book a party at BumbleBee, you are given one of the many party rooms. It was definitely spacious enough for the adults and kids.
- Simply decorated. You are able to bring your own decor and they provide the cutlery, cups, tablecloths. My only request from my daughter is that she wanted a “pink birthday party.” I wanted to keep it simple, but I could have brought more decorations. It worked out in the end since we were lucky enough to get the pink room, plus my daughter and friends never went into the room until it was time to eat. They had too much fun playing!
- Food. The party package comes with 2 pizzas and pitchers of drinks. Although I didn’t try the pizza, the kids thought it was pretty good. We could also bring our own birthday cake or cupcakes. Since we brought an ice cream cake (Baskin Robbins!), they were kind enough to put in the freezer until we needed it.
- Extra food available. For an additional cost, we had the option of ordering more food such as salad and more pizzas.
- Helpful party host. The party hosts help check the guests in, set up the room, pass out food and drinks, and clean up.
- Smart TV option. Each room comes with a smart TV (just ask for the remote) with streaming options such as Netflix. Once the TV turned on, they were glued! Next time, we’ll probably try to showcase pictures or a slideshow.
- Play, play, play. During and after the party, the kids had free reign over the play area.
- Something for everyone. We had a wide range of ages from 10 months to 8 years old. No one was left out — there was something for everyone to do. The baby got to play in the crawler area with soft blocks and age-appropriate toys, while the older kids enjoyed the other room with the huge play structure, slides, and jumping pillow.
Tips to enjoy a party at BumbleBee Play Cafe:
- Tell guests to bring socks! Kids AND adults will need them, and the staff is pretty diligent about enforcing that rule. You are able to buy socks as well.
If you’re looking for a fun place for a birthday party, the kids will absolutely love BumbleBee Play Cafe.
Location: 1015 N Randall Road, Elgin, IL 60123. Close to I-90 and minutes from Sherman hospital.
Hours: Monday to Wednesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; Thursday and Sunday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Friday and Saturday 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Ticket prices: Children 1 to 12 years of age are $8 on Monday through Friday; $12 on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays for the first child. A second child is $6 on weekdays and $10 on weekends. Parents/guardians and infants up to 11 months old are free. Happy Hour $5 Monday – Thursday after 3 p.m., excluding holidays.
Parking: Plenty of parking available in lot
Stroller-friendly? Yes, plenty of room to stow it somewhere without it being in the way.
Food: Guests are not allowed to bring in food except a birthday cake or cupcakes. They also have a separate cafe that serves food kids love — pizza, fries, chicken tenders, and more!
What’s included: Party packages differ but all include: 2 hours private party room rental, access to the play area, pizza, drinks, tableware, smart tv in party room, party host help.
Cost: Prices start at $199 for a simple party and go up to $728 if you want to go all out.