When we heard that the Kenosha area’s newest restaurant was a train restaurant, I couldn’t wait to check it out with my little train lovers.
- Kids feel welcome. They can stare at themselves on the silly wavy mirrors or a change to measure yourself against their mascot, Charlie.
- Trains. Duh. If you sit at the tables, the train tracks are located by the wall. We loved that there was more than one track, which allowed more trains to run at any one time.
- Another great distraction besides the train is that all tables are covered in paper and gives are given a cup fully of crayons. What a great way to keep them busy!
- Chicken Philly. Yes, you’ll find food that you would expect – burgers, hot dogs, nachos. But don’t miss out on the chicken philly topped with peppers, onions, provolone cheese, and garlic parmesan ranch. O.M.G.
- Ah-mazing milkshakes. ‘Nuff said.
- A fun mascot. On our visit, Charlie, their mascot, was around to say hi. He was as friendly as ever, and brought a smile to all three kids.
- They give back. Stop by during Memorial Day Weekend for a fun fundraiser. Choo-Choo Charlie’s Epic Sandbox & Big Rig Bash will feature a sandbox measuring 48 feet wide, with toys and treasures aplenty for boys and girls to dig around with. Kids will also be able to get up close and personal with all variety of heavy machinery, with everything from loaders to wreckers, bulldozers to cranes, cement mixers to semis, tractors to dump trucks, being sought to complete the big-rig lineup. From 11 a.m.-6 p.m. on May 27-29 Epic Sandbox & Big Rig Bash will be on the grounds around City Hall on the Kenosha Lakefront. All-day passes are just $7 for the entire family (no matter how big or small!)
Tips to enjoy Choo Choo Charlie’s:
- Arrive early in the day to avoid waiting for a table.
- Take the Metra train from Chicago for an extra fun adventure and get off at the Kenosha stop.
- Even if you don’t want to dine in for a full meal, grab at a seat at the counter and order a milkshake.
- ..that the train stopped with our food in front of our table. No biggie though.
What a great place for families! If you’re in the Kenosha area, this is a must stop!
Location: 5414 13th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140
Hours: Monday – Sunday 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Parking: They have their own parking lot. I can see it getting full if it’s busy.