Cost: Exhibit is an additional fee of $5 for adults and $3 for children and seniors over 65; tickets half off for zoo members. General admission is $15 for adults; $10.50 for children & seniors over 65; Free for children 2 and under. Check out your local Dominick’s store for discounted tickets.
Why you need to go:
- See 24 life-size animatronic dinosaurs, including newbies like Styracosaurus, Tuojiangosaurus, and Pachycephalosaurus, Microraptor and Gigantoraptor.
- Be greeted by the largest dinosaur to walk on two legs – Shantungosaurus – standing more than 20 feet tall and 50 feet long next to the zoo’s Roosevelt Fountain.
- Learn about prehistoric flowers and plants and have the chance to view real fossils such as bones, skulls, eggs, and teeth.
- Budding paleontologists will love to discover what is hidden in the Dino Dig area.
- The exhibit even gets “techy” by using QR codes that will stream video with info on the dinosaurs.
What are your favorites from the Brookfield Zoo?