Are you guys enjoying fall? Can you believe fall and its festivities are almost halfway over? We’ve had a blast exploring our area and all the fall fun. Our latest trip was to Stade’s Farm in McHenry during their Shades of Autumn Fall Festival. What a fun place for the family! Read all about our favorite parts of our visit, then hurry, and plan your trip this season before it’s over.
- Corny pits. Boy, were they infatuated with the corn pits!
- Mini zip line park.
- Swing, swing, swing. These were really fun! They have a couple with double seats, the rest are singles.
- Choo choo! Parents could even squeeze in with their kids.
- Spinning round and round. This is an authentic Hershell wooden carousel that has been restored.
- Blast off. The pumpkin cannon was a blast to watch! Tip: Head to the tire mountain for awesome views.
- Fun photo ops. These “How Tall This Fall” signs are my favorite.
- Hill climbing. Any time they can climb a huge hill, they are game.
- Spaced out. Even though it was a busy Columbus Day, we never really waited too long for any rides. Plus, everything was spaced out and never felt crowded.
- U-pick fun. Heading to the pumpkin patch is fun when it starts with a wagon ride.
- Pre-picked goodies. If you can’t head to the pumpkin patch, you can still get a pumpkin. I loved these little gourds for only 50 cents!
- ..we could try apple picking next time!
- Save money! During the month of October, on Fridays admission will be discounted for Ages 3-64 ($12) and age 65 and over ($8).
- Bring a picnic lunch! They have plenty of tables available or find a spot on the grass.
Stade’s Farm definitely has the whole family in mind. We would definitely recommend for the entire family.
Location: 3709 Miller Road, McHenry, IL 60051
Hours: Farmtractions Theme Park: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through Oct. 29, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Parking: Free parking and plenty to choose from.
Cost: Ages 3 – 64 $15; Age 65 & over $10; Children age 2 and under admitted FREE
Stroller-friendly? Yes and wagon-friendly too.
Food: They have concession stands
Crowded: We visited on Columbus Day when the kids had no school and we found that it was busy but not crazy crowded.
What is your favorite part of fall?
Disclosure: Although complimentary tickets were provided, as always all opinions are my own.