We just came back from a weekend trip to Chicago to celebrate my daughter’s 3rd birthday. (Stay tuned for a full review of things that we did!) One of the things we did was visit Eataly with kids. If you’re unfamiliar with Eataly, it’s a huge 60,000 ft. marketplace dedicated to all things Italy. We’re talking all kinds of wines, cheeses larger than your head, prosciutto, focaccia, bread, crepes, pizza, and pasta of course! We were here specifically to check out Eataly’s newest program for kids, Eataly Loves Kids, at their largest restaurant, La Pizza & La Pasta. The kids totally loved it! And guess what, we may have loved it more than them!
- It’s the perfect environment for kids. On our Sunday visit, Eataly was busy and loud. The perfect environment for my crew who do not know how to have a quiet dinner. Plus, they thought the clear acrylic chairs were pretty cool!
- Fun way to order. The kids are given a coloring sheet menu and they were supposed to color in their fav shape (bunny, butterfly, fish, or heart shape) and toppings (mushroom, basil, sausage, salami, ham).
- It’s delicious! The kids happily munched on their pizzas, and for once my husband and I were hoping they wouldn’t finish their pizzas. We happily went to town on their leftover pizza! The dough was light and airy, and oh so good. They have their own pizzaiolo maker, Simone. Mad props to him! Not bad for $9 a pizza.
- As the name suggests, the menu consists of pizza and pasta. My ravioli was simple and buttery and so delicious. My husband, wanting to be a little adventurous, decided to try the Pasta al Nero with squid ink tagliatelle with seafood (shrimp, calamari, and mussels). I’m afraid his dish was way too adventurous for him, though.
Kids will love choosing their own pizza, plus it is SO good. Next time we visit Eataly we’ll definitely have the pizza too!
- Make a reservation. Eataly is always happening. Better safe than sorry!
- Don’t miss out on having gelato or having a bite at the Nutella Cafe downstairs.
- Visit during Sunday – Thursday to take advantage of the Eataly Loves Kids menu.
Location: 43 East Ohio Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611
Hours: See website.
Parking: We walked from our hotel but they have a parking garage with a discount with validation.
Fun Facts About Eataly:
- Eataly Chicago is the fifth largest Eataly in the world (there are over 35 around the globe!)
- Eataly Chicago includes five full-service restaurants, many quick-service counters, two caffes, one cooking school, a full marketplace, and much more.
Disclosure: Our family was a provided complimentary meal in exchange for a review. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.