I’m not ashamed to admit that sometimes when we’re always on the go we resort to fast food. But there’s a new fast food joint to hit the scene that is seriously a game changer for families. Nic’s Organic Fast Food in Rolling Meadows is the country’s first ever organic fast food restaurant. And we have the inside scoop for you!
- Founded by parents. The founders and owners, Nicolette and Benjamin Brittsan, parents to two had a hard time finding organic fast food.Having a long-storied history in the culinary industry and having owned their own upscale restaurant, Benjamin, in Highland Park, decided to start their own organic fast food chain.
- A drive-thru!! As in, you don’t even have to leave the car and lug the kiddos inside with you. A definite game-changer for families.
- Fast food without the guilt. At Nic’s you’ll find everything organic. Well, anything edible that is. From organic condiments and food to the ice cream cones and soda.Everything at Nic’s is without hormones, antibiotics, GMO’s, preservatives, artificial flavors or colors. Meats are humanely raised and sustainably sourced.
- Welcoming atmosphere. While you can just use the drive-thru, a dine-in visit is also worthwhile. Aesthetically pleasing with its clean, white, and bright green located throughout.
- Unique sodas. A soda fountain with flavors you don’t find anywhere else. Idaho-based Tractor Soda, an all-natural soda company, has flavors that range from ginger beer and cherry creme (yum) to root beer and blood orange.
- Pretty darn yummy. We tried the cheeseburger, Big Nic Bacon Burger, and Crispy Chicken Sandwich. The burgers were mouthwatering and the addition of Nic’s sauce (sort of a chipotle mayo) was an added surprise.
- Options for kids. They had all the typical choices including an organic hamburger, organic cheeseburger, or 4-piece organic nuggets, but was really surprised to find an organic veggie burger too. Very cool! Kids meals come with organic fries and organic applesauce. Crayons are included for coloring the bag the food comes in.
- A nice sweet treat. They offer organic ice cream including the cones to the sprinkles.
When we’re in the area again and need a fast food option, we wouldn’t hesitate to drop by Nic’s Organic Fast Food again. Good, fast food, and better for you and your conscience? What’s not to love?
- ..we could try their breakfast sometime! Who wouldn’t want to try an Organic NicSausage, an organic scrambled egg with topped with melted organic American cheese and a juicy organic sausage patty, all on a warm, buttered organic bun
Location: 2101 Plum Grove Rd., Rolling Meadows, IL. A few minutes down the street from Woodfield Mall and Ikea.
Parking: They have their own parking lot.