Disclosure: Our family was given a giftcard to enjoy at the Firefly Grill. I was not required to express a particular point of view and all opinions are my own.
One of the highlights of our stopover at Effingham, Illinois was dining at Firefly Grill. . It was a culinary experience (one that my husband and I rarely have), that you’d expect to find in big cities such as Chicago. Best of all it was extremely family-friendly!
Location: 1810 Ave of Mid America, Efffingham, Illinois
Hours: Open for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Check out their website for hours.
Parking: Plenty of free parking
- Great family atmosphere! It was definitely a foodie atmosphere, but not at all pretentious and unfit for younger children. Described as modern roadhouse, the decor was cool yet included rustic touches that made for the perfect balance. You can choose to sit indoors or outside by the screened patio.
- Perfect family-friendly diversion! How cool is it that we could walk out back and feed koi fish and catfish in their pond? The pond housed some of the biggest koi fish and cat fish we’d ever seen. Don’t forget to ask for fish food!
- The delicious FOOD! Wonderful presentation, great combination of ingredients, plus it taste good too. We tried and loved:
- Roasted halibut shipped fresh from Alaska. Delicious, light and flaky!Though I could have had a whole plate of the ravioli it was paired with. YUM!
- Woodfired brick oven pizza – perfect for the kiddos!
- Of course we had to have dessert – strawberry shortcake with ice cream and goat cheese
- Friendly and attentive staff. We met the owners for a few minutes and they are the sweetest. In fact, she was on her way home since she makes it a goal to be with her daughter by 6 p.m. Love the family values!
Firefly Grill is worth a stop if you are anywhere near the area. It’s a fabulous foodie paradise but still kid-friendly! Plus, the owners seem really passionate about food they provide.