Sometimes it’s nice to treat ourselves to a nice dinner – even if it means bringing the kiddos. This time around the iconic charcoal grill at the Weber Grill in Schaumburg was beckoning us. Not only did their kid menu rock, but the thoughtfulness displayed by the staff made it a restaurant we would visit again.
Location: 1010 N. Meacham Rd, Schaumburg, Illinois (across from Woodfield Mall)
Hours: Open for lunch and dinner. Check their website for hours.
Parking: Plenty of free parking
- A great way to start the evening – coloring with triangle crayons (yes, triangle crayons are his favorite).
- Can’t go wrong with pretzel bread as a starter with an oh-so-yummy cheese dip!
- It’s the real deal. Just one look into the open kitchen and you’ll see the chefs cooking on a real Weber Grill with charcoal.
- Great options for kids meal. We stuck to the steak skewers which the boys DEVOURED! It included tater tots, broccoli, and fruits ($9.99) The boys were starving and the server knew to bring out the kids food right away (we didn’t even have to ask). Great service!
- The boys’ favorite part of their meal – the chocolate chip cookie, of course.
- Can’t decide between the appetizers? The sampler including BBQ Ribs, Grilled Honey Dijon Chicken Skewers, Lemon Garlic Shrimp, Grill-Seared Steak Skewers had a good variety of their popular items and was enough to fill us up.
- Hot towels for washing the hands in between courses. While the towels were steaming hot, they were thoughtful enough to have a few towels for the kids that were cooled down. Another thoughtful kid-friendly gesture!
- While I’m not too much of a meat eater, I thought their teriyaki skirt steak was absolutely delicious. Great portion size that packed alot of flavor. Delish!
- My husband enjoyed his prime rib, and raved that the grilled beets were the “best he ever had!”
- Dessert! Chocolate lovers will love the s’mores molten chocolate cake, and the white chocolate blondie was sinfully rich and “out of this world!”
Tips to enjoy the Weber Grill:
- Join the Grill Club – you get a $20 voucher to use during your birthday month
Did you know?
- The chefs try to incorporate a grilled or smoked ingredient in almost every dish on the menu.
- Those extra large grills are the real deal! They are customized versions of the Weber Kettle. They look a bit different than the store-bought version because they don’t have the porcelain enamel coating—they’re stainless steel for commercial grade use. But other than that, they’re manufactured by Weber, like your grill at home.
- They use about 2000 lbs of charcoal a day equal to one TON!!
- Don’t even get close to those grills! The searing grills fire up to 1300°F–1500°F!
While it may be a little expensive, the Weber Grill is a great place to have a date night (even with the kids in tow) or celebrate a special occasion. The service is great especially towards their youngest diners.