How have I not reviewed the Museum of Science and Industry yet? It’s definitely one of our favorite museums in the area.
Our family went here again in November 2011 to check out the Christmas Around the World trees and also to check out the Dr. Seuss exhibit. Our son was about 17 months and loved trains and Dr. Seuss. It was a no brainer that we go here again.
Ticket prices: General admission starts at $15 per adult. You can use an Entertainment coupon for BOGO free admission.
Location: 5700 S. Lake Shore Drive. MSI s located in Hyde Park
Parking: There is an attached parking garage for $20
Crowded?: It may be crowded, but since the museum is enormous you hardly notice
Stroller-friendly?: Yes, most definitely
Food: There is a food court, an ice cream parlor, and a coffee shop
Tip: There is a Japanese Garden south of the Museum though did not visit because it was a little too chilly. Maybe in the near future!
- Plenty of train fun – huge model railroad display, Pioneer Zephyr train
- Science storm Exhibit where you can see a tornado and other fun weather phenomena
- Idea Factory on the lowel level for the youngins. Water play, a padded area for non-walkers, and other hands-on fun makes this a must-stop.
- Around the holidays, there is a Christmas Around the World exhibit that highlights 50 trees each decorated by a different culture. We were around last year for this exhibit and loved looking at the trees and the different ornaments.
- …we had more time to explore the museum.
- …parking wasn’t so expensive.