Ticket prices: Admission is $14 for adults, children (3-12) $10, (13-17) $11, under 3 free
Location: 800 West Wells Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The location is right in downtown.
Parking: There is an attached parking garage.
Stroller-friendly?:Yes, there is plenty of room to maneuver around
Food: There is a cafe located on the bottom level
Crowded: We were here on a Saturday afternoon and it wasn’t crowded at all. It is a very spacious museum.
Misc: There is a nice sized gift shop located on the lower level.
- If you lucky enough to see the Real Pirates exhibit from now until May 27, 2013, I would highly recommend it. It was so much fun, interactive even for the young kiddos, and so informative! Photos weren’t allowed for this special exhibit so you’ll have to take my word for it sans photos.
- Walk through a partially recreated pirate ship
- Hoist a pirate flag
- Touch real pirate treasure
- The dinosaur exhibit (first level) was a must see for my dinosaur fan, although the combination of thunder and the “roaring” of the dinosaurs had him running in the other direction. But after we passed it up, he wanted to go back and “see more.” Go figure!
- …we had more time to explore the rest of the museum. We only saw the dinosaur exhibit, and zipped through the rainforest. Next time we are here we would love to see the butterflies and the Streets of Old Milwaukee.
Tips to enjoy the Milwaukee Public Museum
- If you’re going to enjoy the MPM’s special exhibit, Real Pirates, then download this family activity guide. (Wish I knew about this earlier!)
- Allow at least an hour for the pirates exhibit and also more time to enjoy the rest of the museum.
We would highly recommend visiting the Milwaukee Public Museum, especially to see the temporary pirates exhibit. The next time we are in town, we will be back to see the rest of the museum.
Disclosure: Our family was provided complimentary admission to the Milwaukee Public Museum and Real Pirates exhibit. I was not required to express a particular point of view and all opinions are my own.