What do you get when you combine an amusement park, Santa, and animals? Santa’s Village AZoosment Park! Located in East Dundee, Santa’s Village AZoosment Park is the ideal amusement park if you have younger kids and don’t want to be overwhelmed. And guess what? You can enter to win (4) tickets! Woohoo!
Location: 601 Dundee Avenue
Admission: $22.75 per person, plus tax. Children age 2 and under are FREE. Active Military, Spouse and Children -FREE with current active duty status identification only.
Parking: Free outdoor parking lot
Stroller: Yes, feel free to bring the stroller and/or the wagon
Shade: Yes, plenty of spots with shade
- Picture perfect moments. Bring your camera because there will be tons of opportunities for photos. Gotta love these big chairs!
- Definitely picnic worthy. Tons and tons of picnic tables throughout the park. Don’t forget to pack a lunch!
- Just perfect for tiny tots.
- Manageable. The park is big enough to spend the entire day, but not so large that it’s overwhelming.
- Getting up close with the animals. A friendly worker strolled around the park and held an animal that kids could view closer and even touch. It was a great opportunity to ask questions and pet the animals. One of our favorite parts of the day.
- Parents can join in on the fun! Rides where mom or dad can ride with you.
- Putting out the fire. Whenever kids can play with water, you know it will be a hit. Our 11-year-old buddy would have liked to have more time with the water.
- Always something new. It never ceases to amaze me – we always find something new to do at the park, although we’ll have to wait a few more years to ride this tower ride.
- We love all things fish, so this koi pond is always a big hit.
- Dedicated petting zoo area. Although we were able to feed animals throughout the park, they added a new area this year where we could feed animals like deer.
- Fun new mini coaster – the Crazy Worm (or caterpillar as my son would say). This little thrilling ride was my five-year-old son’s favorite (and mine too!)
- Choo choo! The one thing they were missing from the park before — a train! They finally have one now. The (super) slow train circles the enclosure where reindeer and other animals are located.
- We wish:
- ..they still had the reindeer rides. And although they replaced it with the train, it was always fun being pulled by reindeer on a sleigh.
- Bottom Line:
- Visiting Santa’s Village AZoosment Park is always guaranteed fun, especially for a family with young children.
- Tips to Enjoy Santa’s Village AZoosment Park
- Watch out for Santa! He does make an appearance (usually once you enter the park).
- Have stuff to stow? After you enter the park, you’ll find a set of lockers. You’ll need two quarters.
- Get measured before you start waiting in line to go on rides, or fear a melt down (I’m looking at you, bumper cars!)Plus, it’s also fun to compare how much they’ve grown from one year to the next.
Tips to save money
- Bring a picnic!
- Come 3 hours before closing to enjoy general admission for $18.75 per person.
GIVEAWAY: (No longer available)
There will be one lucky winner who will win (4) tickets to Santa’s Village AZoosment Park. The winner will be emailed and will have 48 hours to respond back or the prize will be forfeited. (Be sure to check your spam and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender’s list.)
Have you been to Santa’s Village AZoosment Park?
Interested in discovering more things to do in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago? Read my list of more than 100 things to do this summer!