It’s been ages since we’ve been to the Volo Auto Museum with my three kids. I’ve heard they have had tons of changes so it was about time we stop by again.
- Release pent up energy. The minute they saw the playground in front of the museum, they couldn’t help but run to it. Besides the playground they have a wood vehicle structure with slide, a buggy, fire truck, and a few cars.
- Take the time out to view the grounds. There’s tons of stuff outside too! We loved posing with Po from Kung Fu Panda, this cool VW van, jets, and so much more!
- Classic cars galore. The kids loved picking their favorite ones. And that was a tough choice given the number of cool cars they had.
- Famous cars they all know and still love. Favorites includes the Delorean, Batmobile, and Bumblebee from Transformers.
We were very excited to see the Tumbler!
- Always adding items. Always trying to add more items to the museum. For instance, since our last visit they’ve added a snowmobile collection, Barbie Corvette, vintage juke boxes, pinball machines, tractors…
….interesting evolution of stagecoaches to campers.
- Kids room. They had a great time looking at vehicles like Lightning McQueen or Mater, or looking at their favorite Disney characters on display. It’s also a great place to take a break and have them go on kiddie rides.
- While the majority of the cars were for viewing, it was nice finding a few vehicles where they could climb in like the race car or the Flintstones car.
- There were more cars to climb in. We were tired of saying, “Don’t touch!” every few minutes.
- We were to visit when they had the train rides running (Memorial Day Weekend).
We are happy to have made it back to Volo. If you’ve never been, it’s about time you check it out for yourself. If you haven’t been here in awhile, there’s plenty of new things for you to see!
Location: 27582 Volo Village Rd, Volo, IL
Hours: Open daily 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Ticket prices: Adults $15.00, Children 5 -12 $9.00, Seniors (65 and over) $13.00, Veterans and Military with ID card $12.00, Military in Uniform and Children Under 5 FREE
Parking: Plenty of parking at the lot
Stroller-friendly? It may get a little crowded with the stroller. There is a stroller parking available.
Food: Cute diner where they serve pizza and more.
Crowded: We visited on a Sunday afternoon and it wasn’t crowded.
What to expect: Classic cars (some for sale), 2 orientation theaters, 5 showrooms, military museum, RV museum, train rides (seasonally)