Disclosure: Our family was given complimentary admission to the Richardson Farm.. I was not required to express a particular point of view and all opinions are my own.
One of our family’s favorite activity has been visiting farms. When we heard that the world’s largest corn maze was no more than an hour’s drive from our home, we knew we had to see it for ourselves. Not only did our boys enjoy running through the maze, but the whole family had a great time with the other activities offered at Richardson Farm.
When: Open now through October 27
Parking: Parking is free and plentiful
- Getting lost in the maze! They do boast the world’s largest maze, so we had to check it out for ourselves even if that meant getting lost with two toddlers. Luckily, there were quizzes, clues, and games to make it an even more enjoyable experience. Plus, it kept us from getting lost!
- Finding observation points throughout the maze which gave a great overview of the acres upon acres of corn
- Bouncing our worries away on the jumping pillow. Luckily , there are two separate bouncing pillows – one for adults and one for children.
- A challenging rope maze just for the little ones
- “I’m spiderman!” screams my little climbers.
- A kids area just for the younger sett though my kids bypassed the playground and went straight to the corn pit!
- Kiddie Country was made for young and the young at heart
|Daddy taking the oldest for a ride|
- As you would expect on a farm – animals to feed such as goats and chicken.
- A fun way to explore the rest of the farm while resting our weary feet – a tractor ride!
- Grab some grub! A must try? The delicious homemade donuts.
- …nothing! This was the perfect late summer outing for our family.
Bottom Line:We absolutely loved having the farm to ourselves during our off-season visit. The whole family had a great time enjoying everything that the Richardson farm offers. I can imagine how much fun it would be during fall, but if you’re looking for a quieter experience (and to have the entire farm to yourselves), don’t hesitate to visit beforehand as well. You’ll have a blast!