Remember when I visited The Heart of Europe Cafe a while back when it opened? (Read all about it here.) We absolutely adored this bakery/cafe/coffee shop that specializes in kurtos or chimney cake, a delicious Polish pastry. My daughter and I revisted the cafe for a little mommy and me date and fell in love the second time around. If you’re ever in Barrington, I highly recommend stopping by.
- Watching them make chimney cakes. My little one, along with me, thought it was really cool to see them making it.
- Chimney cakes are delicious. You can request it any way you like. This time around we had it covered with Oreos. Plus, it’s so much fun pulling it apart.
- Even better with coffee. I highly recommend their lattes. So yummy!
- Perfect place to celebrate. Any time is perfect for a chimney cake, but it’s even more fun during birthdays or any special occasion when they can make a kurtos with cotton candy in the middle. In the summer months, they can make kurtos with ice cream in the middle.
- Cotton candy to the next level. They can even make it special by decorating the cotton candy. I know where to bring my kids now for a special birthday treat.
- Make the day even more special with a candy sushi tray from Sweet Sushi Factory. Place an order online and pick up in the store. The items are just too cute! (Read our review.)
If we lived in the area, we would probably come here every day. No joke. Great coffee, comfy and cozy, to-die-for chimney cakes, and now candy sushi. We totally LOVE this place!
Location: 113 S. Cook Street, Barrington, Illinois
Hours: Sunday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM; Tuesday – Thursday and Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM; Friday – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM; Closed Mondays.
Parking: Street parking available in front of store or free parking in lot just around the corner
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary meal in exchange for a review. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.