A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of visiting Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace for a Santa Brunch. (Read review here.) We loved it so much that we revisited for their Holiday Tea….with the entire family. My first formal tea experience with my daughter at the Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island was such a memorable experience that I wanted to recreate the same memories with the entire family. Mission accomplished! We all had a wonderful time sipping tea, eating delectable finger sandwiches, and of course munching on yummy desserts.
- Festively decorated. Like I mentioned during our last visit, we LOVED Drury Lane’s decor. So elegant and beautiful. We couldn’t help but stare at the tree again and the other decorations.
- Bottomless champagne. Unlimited champagne for adults and sparkling pink lemonade for the kids. This girl couldn’t get enough!
- Oh, the food. We had two tiers of yummy food. We loved everything they had. We gobbled up the cucumber sandwiches and their egg salad sandwiches. The kids had their own tier which included Nutella and banana finger sandwiches.
- Desserts. The desserts did not disappoint. From gingerbread men and banana cake to pound cake and the scones. Oh my. Everything was so darn good! If are bellies weren’t full, we could have had more dessert.
- Excellent tea. My husband and I could choose from a variety of tea. I ended up with their Chai from their holiday menu, and my husband with the green tea. Both were excellent choices. We had our own little pot and it was enough for at least 3 servings. They said they could also refill our teapots with more hot water if we wanted.
- Hot chocolate for kids. I was happy that the kids had a choice of hot chocolate instead of tea. They were pretty happy with it!
I really didn’t think the entire family would enjoy a holiday tea as much as I do, but I was proven wrong again. They all enjoyed themselves and had a great time. Spending time at Drury Lane with the family does not disappoint!
Location: 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace
Hours: Saturdays, December 2, 9, 16 & 23, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Ticket prices: Price: Adults – $35, Child 4 to 12 – $25, Child 3 and under FREE
Parking: Plenty of free parking
What to expect: Tea time with finger sandwiches, desserts, and pastries. Unlimited champagne for adults and sparkling pink lemonade for kids. Kids have the option of hot chocolate instead of tea.