Disclosure: I was provided complimentary tickets in exchange of my opinions. I was not required to express a particular point of view and all opinions are my own.
It’s Day 3 of our series, and here’s a recap of our holiday favorites so far with reviews:
Day 1: The Museum of Science and Industry’s Christmas Around the World exhibit (AND GIVEAWAY!)
Day 2: Chicago Trolley Holiday Lights Tour
Here’s another fun review and giveaway of the Morton Arboretum’s Illumination: Tree Lights. Ready to take the holiday lights experience to a whole new level? From November 22, 2013 to January 4, 2014, Illumination: Tree Lights offers a wintertime experience far beyond traditional twinkling lights, engaging the senses with dazzling projections, trees that respond to touch and sound, and vivid, electric colors throughout.
Last year we headed to The Morton Arboretum in Lisle for the debut of Illumination: Tree Lights. It was like a holiday lights show on steroids!
- Fun, light experience that combines cutting-edge light technology and nature. People were able to “hug” trees, or respond to the sound of voice and touch
- Getting up close and personal with the trees beautifully lit up
|Credit: Morton Arboretum|
- It’s about a mile-long walk from start to finish, but there is a way to “cut” so you don’t have to do the entire mile walk.
- Other than the lights, it is dark
- They were selling glow sticks and toys. Bring your own!
New this year:
This year they are making it bigger and better than last year. Check out these additions:
- Symphony Woods: Enchanting lights dance in synchronized patterns to seasonal music from the renowned Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- ·Meadow Lake Magic: Light-patterned trees and a series of lit orbs dotting Meadow Lake create a visually entrancing experience.
- The popular Tinsel Colonnade will be expanded in 2014 to double its size, as cascades of multi-colored strings of LED lights hanging from the trees like tinsel.
- More kid-friendly features: 2014’s event incorporates child-friendly elements to engage the whole family, including simpler interactive stations and a scavenger hunt to find the “Glow Man” hidden along the Illumination path for a special prize.
- Live entertainment: Catch top local bands every weekend during Illumination. Check the Illumination website for the latest schedule.
When: Frday, November 21 to Saturday, January 3. Illumination opens every day at 5:00 p.m. with the last entry at 8:30 p.m. and lights out at 9:30 p.m.
Where: Morton Arboretum, 4100 Illinois Route 53, Lisle
Tickets: Prices range depending on when you visit and if you are a member or not: $12-$20 Adult/$6-$13; Child (2-17) See their website for exact pricing.
General Admission: Daytime Arboretum admission the same day as your Illumination ticket is included with your ticket price.
Interested in seeing this interactive lights experience for yourselves? Enter below for a family four pack.
GIVEAWAY NITTY GRITTY:
Win (4) FREE tickets for your family!
I’ve got four tickets for one lucky family for see this new lights experience at the Morton Arboretum. I do check each and every entry. Contest ends Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Winner will be notified by email.
(1) Lucky family will receive 4 tickets to the Morton Arbortetum.