When: December 14th
Time: Santa is available from 11am – 2pm
Admission: Adults $30; Kids 6 -12 $15; Children 5 and under are free.
Where: Numerous locations throughout the area. We went to the South Barrington Pinstripes location at 100 W. Higgins Road, South Barrington
Parking: Plenty of parking
Crowded?: Not at all!
What is it? Pinstripes normally has a Sunday brunch but during the holidays it becomes extra special with a visit from Santa.
- The delicious food, of course! There was a nice selection including a prime rib section, omelet station, and a first – a waffle station. Bananas fosters waffles with nutella – need I say more?
- Kids section. They had a Kidz Korner with mac ‘n cheese (delish), pizza, fries, and more yummy eats made just for them.
- Desserts – need I say more? Rice Krispies treats, strawberries, marshmallows, and pretzels – all waiting to be dipped in the oooey gooey chocolate fountain. Don’t forget about the cookies and biscotti. A nice selection for those with a sweet tooth.
- Seeing Santa! The kids first spotted him by the entrance as we walked in and immediately scampered to him. He also went around the bistro and chatted with diners, took photos, or listened to wish lists. We didn’t have to wait in any lines (thank goodness!)
- Bowling right after eating. A definite must since we were already here. My little one especially LOVED it!
|Bowling — Power Rangers style|
Tips to enjoy Brunch with Santa
- Make a reservation! Better safe, then sorry!
- Going to the South Barrington location? Head straight to the Bistro (as you enter head towards the back to your left). We waited a few minutes for someone at the front desk but they were tending to bowling customers. We could have saved a few minutes by heading straight to the Bistro.
- Go anytime between Monday and Friday from 10-12p.m. for $3 Kids Bowling. Read a review here.
- …wouldn’t change a thing – everything was fantastic!
For a fun day out with the family with Santa, I highly recommend visiting Pinstripes for Brunch with Santa then bowling afterwards. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon! In fact, the boys can’t get enough of bowling and our asking when we can go bowling — and see Santa!