On our latest visit to Wisconsin Dells to visit the amazing Ice Castles, we were open to trying something new. We have had fabulous stays at Great Wolf Lodge and a private cabin, but wanted something a little more low-key (and affordable!) So we turned to Atlantis Hotel and Waterpark!
Location: 1570 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, Wisconsin Dells, WI. Located right where all the action is – across the street from Mt. Olympus and minutes away from downtown Dells, shopping, and food.
Check-in and Check-out: 2:30 p.m. (on website) but 3:30 p.m. (when I called) and 11 a.m.
Parking: They have their own parking lot but finding an open spot was somewhat difficult to come by. I cannot imagine how much harder it would be during their busy season.
We stayed in a renovated double queen room that was simple, yet comfortable.
- Renovated. Rooms were renovated with nice simple decor including a huge wood dark brown headboard and dark wood furniture.
- Not too “. The room wasn’t overly done with themed decor; just a couple mermaid wall hangings.
- Free wi-fi. Gotta love the free wi-fi for the always-connected mommy.
- Other conveniences. We loved the large mini-fridge and microwave.
- Updated. Some of the hotel is undergoing renovation and it was nice to see a few updates including the hallway.
- Free continental breakfast. Anyone looking for a light breakfast with cereal, boiled eggs, bananas, and toast will be satisfied with what they offer. It is located on the 4th floor in the Game Room by the waterpark.
- 2 indoor pools. The lobby pool is small with a volcano slide and basketball hoops. The other pool located on the 4th floor is more the “waterpark” with two separate areas to swim/play and a whirlpool. We were looking for a waterpark fit for our young kids – 6, 5, and 2 and the waterpark fit the bill. The kiddie area was about 1″ deep all around. It had slides, but most importantly had little fountains!
- …the front desk was more helpful and friendly. The front desk wasn’t very welcoming upon arrival, and they rushed through the check-in process. When I visit a hotel or resort, I appreciate when they tell us what some of the amenities are. Instead, I asked for a map or brochure.
- …we spent more time in the larger waterpark. We didn’t know there was another pool located upstairs on the 4th floor. If I hadn’t looked at the map (that I requested) we would have missed out on it.
- …breakfast had more options. Hot food would have been great.
- …parking was easier to come by. While they do have their own parking lot, it seemed that we could only find parking far from our entrance.
If you’re looking for a hotel with a great value, close to everything in the Dells, and a waterpark best for toddlers, Atlantis would be a great option. I hope that our customer service experience was just a fluke, and hope they will work on having more options for breakfast.