As our family travels more, we’ve learned a few tricks of the trade. For one, when it comes to lodging it’s all about location, location, location! Our Milwaukee winter getaway was no exception. Since we were going to be out and about exploring the city, we wanted a place close to all the action. The Hilton Milwaukee City Center was exactly what we were looking for. As the name implies, the Hilton Milwaukee City Center is situated right in the center of downtown close to all major attractions. Not only did the Hilton Milwaukee have the perfect location, but with a waterpark on the premises, and a pet-friendly vibe, I don’t think we could have found a better hotel perfect for our winter getaway.
AAA 4 Diamond Hotel
Location:Hotel is located right in downtown
Parking: Self-parking garage connected via skywalk for one price with in and out privileges (nice change of pace from the overpriced Chicago parking rates!)
- You can dine in or order room service. There are 3 different restaurants to choose from.
- Coffee lovers rejoice – Starbucks is located on the premises.
- Hotel is listed on the National Historic Register.
- Pets are welcome! We were happy to bring our other family member (an additional cleaning surcharge fee)
- There’s a waterpark connected to the hotel. (See below)
- Spacious rooms with nice sitting area with sleeper sofa (depending on room type)
- Extra large walk-in closet (King Superior Room) with a laptop sized safe
Paradise Landing Waterpark highlights:
- I thought the waterpark was just their right – not too big and not too small. The slides weren’t scary at all for my two and a half year old.
- Huge sauna/jacuzzi
- Place to eat and order food (though we didn’t get a chance to try it out)
- Note: Waterpark is only only on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Fun Fact: The Hilton Milwaukee City Center is one of the first hotels to have a indoor urban waterpark.
- **Update: Just heard that the Hilton will no longer have the waterpark starting in March. Get there before its gone. So sad to see it go!**
- Cribs available when requested
- Pet beds available
- ..there was free wi-fi in the room.
- ..waterpark was open all the time instead of just the weekends.
With an ideal location in downtown close by to all the indoor activities, and a waterpark perfect for young kids, we couldn’t have imagined our stay in Milwaukee anywhere else. We would recommend to any families needing a little winter escape. We loved it here!
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at Hilton Milwaukee City Center. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.