Sometimes we all just need to recharge a bit. Even better if it’s an easy and close getaway. I recently attended the WOW! Summit, and was seriously loving where the Summit took place, Eaglewood Resort & Spa. The resort was exactly what we needed! A chance to recharge and take advantage of their fantastically awesome state of the art fitness center, plus a chance to spend time with the family bowling, having a nice dinner, and just being together!
- They have a beautiful and grand lobby. We visited during fall and the leaves outside were beautiful. Look at this beautiful view of this tree. So pretty.
- A warm welcome. I had mentioned it was my husband’s birthday and they surprised us with a birthday cake. How thoughtful!
- A bowling alley. Say, what? Yes, you heard that right. Kegler’s Bowling Alley is a 6-lane, retro-style, cosmic bowling alley.($30 per alley).
- Awesome fitness rooms. Their state-of-the-art fitness center is awesome! We were so excited to work out! (Weird, right?) It was cool seeing the equipment we usually never get to see — boxing equipment, ropes, a Jacob’s Ladder. My husband’s eyes lit up when he saw the room dedicated full of free weights. Check out the video below.
Testing out the ropes was fun!
They had a separate room full of cardio equipment.
Loved the motivational quotes throughout.
- Pool time! The kids loved splashing in the heated lap pool. Other guests were enjoying laps, while the kids were enjoying doing cannon balls!
- Thoughtful staff. The staff was even kind enough to turn on a kids movie for us.
- A pool visit is not complete without a stop in the whirlpool. Loved that we could also enjoy the sauna and stream room.
We stayed in a junior golf view suite with king bed and sleeper sofa.
- Spacious. As a family of five, we always appreciate larger spaces. The kids had plenty of room to move about. We immediately walked into the living room.
….that looked into the king size bedroom.
- Comfy. The rooms are comfy, clean, and modern with artwork throughout. Even my daughter thought it was photo-worthy.
- The sleeper sofa bed was stylish and chic and functional.
- Awesome temperature control great. I may not talk about this enough, but I really appreciated that when it was a little too cold for us, I could turn up the temperature on the thermostat and it warmed up fast!
- Free wi-fi. Gotta love the free wi-fi for the always-connected mommy.
They have a few restaurants on-site.
Prairie River Bar & Grill
Located on the lower level of the lobby. We didn’t see any signs for it, so it took us a minute to find it.
- It was a Monday evening and the bar was busy. Nevertheless, we did enjoy our food. Great food, wonderful presentation, and pretty darn tasty.
- The portions were pretty large especially the salads and entrees.
The appetizers: Beer Cheese Soup and a trio of Lobster Rolls. So. Good.
The entrees: Shrimp, Rib Eye roll, and Halibut. All excellent, the ribeye roll was my son’s and husband’s favorite.
- No kids menu but when asked they do provide kid-friendly menu items such as nuggets, cheeseburgers, and the like.
- Healthy Food. Appreciated the variety of healthy food like fresh fruit, yogurts, oatmeal, cream of wheat, and even steel cut oats.
- Again, excellent customer service. The kids were finished eating early, and I asked if they had any coloring sheets. They didn’t have any handy, but our waitress searched for some.
- Easy to track macros. My husband tracks his macros, so he was happy to find the information located for each food item.
- This is the go-to place for coffee, snacks, smoothies, and even special craft activities like pumpkin painting.
- ….I could try the spa next time. Looks fantastic!!
- ….the fitness center/bowling alley/pool were in the same building as the rest of the resort. Wet kids + cool weather = not fun. It totally wouldn’t be a problem if it wasn’t 30 degrees outside. 🙂
- ….they had microwaves and fridges.
- …we could have enjoyed the outdoors. Had the weather been in our favor, we would have loved to enjoy the roaring bonfire along with a bocce court. During winter, they offer snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and sledding. The golf course looks beautiful!
- Save money! On Tuesdays, enjoy a round of bowling for only $1! Valid from 5 – 10pm.
- The holidays are a great time to visit with a Thanksgiving Feast, Breakfast with Santa. They truly go all out with New Year’s Eve. They have family packages and family menu for dinner on NYE. There’s a DJ and bounce house, bowling, movies, an escape room and balloon drop! How fun!
Location: 1401 Nordic Road, Itasca, IL. 60143
Check-in and Check-out: 4 p.m. and 11 a.m.
Parking: Plenty of free parking
Rates: A typical rate for a golf view room starts at $139 off season and up to $199 in season and a Junior Suite is approximately $275 and a Penthouse suite at $475
What a fantastic option for a quick getaway in the Chicagoland suburbs! We hope to come back in the near future — maybe enjoy the summer activities.