This week as part of our #100DaysofSummer we’re going to do a little exploring in our little neck of the woods – the Dundee area. Join us as we find the hidden (and not so hidden) gems around our ‘hood!
Today we’re stopping by Spring Hill Mall in West Dundee. Our neighborhood mall provides a great place to escape when we can’t jet to the nearest park because of the weather. The mall has improved a bit over the years and even has a great play space when the kids need to run around.
- A nice-sized play area. Bigger than Westfield Hawthorne and smaller than Woodfield.
- Soft cushiony floor. Perfect for crawlers.
- Crawl or climbing fun.
Tips to enjoy Spring Hill Mall:
- Bring pennies. They have jumping fountains everywhere and it’s always fun making a wish.
- Train lover? This Jolly Express chugs around the mall.
- Great for strolling. It’s all one level.
- Time your visit. They clean the play area from 2 to 2:30 p.m.
Location: Spring Hill Mall, 1072 Spring Hill Mall, West Dundee, Illinois. Play area is close to Entrance 4.
Parking: There is a free parking lot.
Stroller-friendly? We brought our stroller and parked it outside the entrance
Food: Tables around the play area so you can bring a snack or drink. Food and drink is not allowed inside the play area.
Crowded: We were here on a Tuesday afternoon and it was not crowded at all
Nursing Friendly: There are little coves where you can nurse (no doors)
Seating: Plenty of seating for parents/grandparents located around the perimeter of the play area.
Gated: No. The perimeter is surrounded by the seats but there are openings at each side so I did see little ones escaping!
Heading to the mall is always a great way to get out. We’re pretty lucky to have Spring Hill Mall close with its kid-friendly amenities.