Did you know this week is National Library Week? Come join me every day this week as I showcase some of our favorite libraries in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Today it’s time to visit the highly rated Arlington Heights Memorial Library. There’s a reason why this library gets rave reviews! Check it out for yourselves!
Location: 500 N. Dunton Avenue, Arlington Heights
Hours: Check their website for hours.
Parking: Outdoor parking lot, street parking, and also an “underground” parking garage
Why Kids Will Love the Children’s Area at Arlington Heights Memorial Library:
- Kids’ World is huge!
- Awesome setting to read books with sunlight pouring through skylight
- Cool area with magnetic letters and a cozy reading nook
- Always changing exhibits located by the Lindsey Room. This time around it was LEGOs but last time it was trains (my sons’ fav!)
- In the mood for a puppet show?
- Building is encouraged with wooden blocks, small LEGO table, and more blocks
- Fun wall toys
- For the techie, iPads with fun educational games
Did you know?
- An average of 2,495 people visit the library each day.
- This library is a recipient of the Library Journal’s five star award.
- You can check out science kits? They’ve added 17 more kits to the collection which includes a solar car, a USB microscope and a model of the human heart. There’s a kit featuring sharks and one covering the periodic table. They’re located to the right of the Kids’ World Desk next to the STEM kits.
- ..nothing to add here. We absolutely adore this library! Okay, maybe a slide would be nice. But that’s being nit-picky. 🙂
Tips to enjoy the Arlington Heights Memorial Library:
- It’s located in the heart of downtown and right by the train station. Have lunch at many of the eateries located a couple blocks away or have a picnic at the nearby park.
- Stop by the library from now until April 30 to view the LEGO exhibit, LEGO Art + Science = Architecture. See LEGO scale models of famous landmarks. An Arlington Heights resident, Adam Reed, actually created it! So fascinating!! Spider-Man think so too!
If you haven’t been to this highly rated library, it’s time to go and check it out. Such a fun space for kiddos!
Have you been to the Arlington Heights Memorial Library?