Summer is not complete without getting out and enjoying the weather. I can’t think of a better way than by having the kids play at the park. We’re embarking on a mission to find our favorite park. Today, we visited Fountain Square Park in Elk Grove Village.
We were in the Elk Grove Village area and wanted to stop by Rainbow Falls Waterpark. Unfortunately, due to the heat, everyone had the same plans and there was a waitlist to get in. We all couldn’t wait to get wait so I did a little search and found Fountain Square Park nearby with you guessed it — a splashpad!
Location: 1751 Gibson Drive, Elk Grove Village (in residential neighborhood)
Parking: Parking lot located at the school or you can park at the side streets
Playground surface: Woodchips
Shade: Partial, located mostly on the perimeter of the playground
Amenities: Sand pit, Bocce Ball Field, Bags, , trail, sensory garden
Spraypad: Yes (cement)
Picnic Worthy: Picnic shelter and a few grassy areas to lay a blanket
Public washrooms: Portable Potties
Playgrounds: 2 playgrounds (one for toddler age kids; the other older children)
Other Amenities: Workout stations located throughout the park
Why Kids Will Love the Playground at Fountain Square Park:
- Free splash pad. ‘Nuff said! Water shoots out from the ground at different times. Although the splash pad is quite simple, the kids just love it!
- We love these cool swings! Perfect for those who are too big for the baby swings but too small for the “big boy” swings.
- Two great playgrounds – one for toddlers and one for older kids. The one for older kiddos had much more to offer though.
- Monkey bars made for shorties.
- Advanced monkey bars for older kids.
- Zip lines are always fun. These were a little too high for my preschooler, but easy enough with assistance from mom or dad.
We were so happy to have found this park on a whim. A simple, but fun splash pad and a great playground!
Have you been to Fountain Square Park?
Interested in discovering more things to do in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago? Read my list of more than 100 things to do this summer!