Summer is not complete without getting out and enjoying the weather. I can’t think of a better way than by having the kids play at the park. We’re embarking on a mission to find our favorite park. Today, we visited Acorn Alley Playground at Veteran Acres Park in Crystal Lake and we LOVED it!
Location: 431 Walkup Rd, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Parking: Outdoor parking lot
Playground surface: Mix of woodchips and rubber cushion
Shade: Partial, located mostly on the perimeter of the playground where the benches were located
Why Kids Will Love the Playground at Veteran Acres Park:
- Just perfect for toddlers. My toddler-aged kids enjoyed both playgrounds but especially the toddler one with 2 slides
- My younger son loved climbing the mini rock climbing wall. Perfect size for him!
- And who could resist more fun things to climb like this spider web?
…or just standing on rocks.
- Cool log to crawl (run) through…
- We love these cool swings! Perfect for those who are too big for the baby swings but too small for the “big boy” swings.
- Cute musical-theme seen throughout with drums and chimes.
- The two playgrounds are located fairly close to each other makign it a little easier to watch the kids run between the two playgrounds.
- The second playground was a little more advanced with higher slides and more fun contraptions to climb.
- Really picturesque. Park is close to the water and nature trail.
- ..we’ll check out the rest of the park in the near future. The trail would seem really fun to explore!
Overall, we had a great fun day at the playground and hope to explore the rest of the park in the near future.
Have you been to Veteran Acres Park?
Interested in discovering more things to do in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago? Read my list of more than 100 things to do this summer!