Ahoy mateys! We are continuing to explore Elk Grove Village and while the indoor option of Jumps n’ Jiggles is fun, you may wish to venture outside where you will find Elk Grove Village’s hidden treasure — a small theme park perfect for tiny tots.
Admission: Kids General admission $12; Kids Resident $9; Adults free
Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 am – 4 pm; Sunday Noon to 4pm, Tuesdays and Thursday 10 am – 8 pm
Location: 901 Leicester Road, Elk Grove Village, IL
Parking: There is a free parking lot on Leicester but can see it getting full. You can also park at the Pavilion (Wellington) or the church.
Stroller-friendly? Yes, we brought our stroller (as did everyone else). Wagons would be a good idea too. There is stroller parking at most of the attractions.
Food: There is a picnic shelter and some grassy areas. You can also buy food at a concession stand.
Crowded: We were here on a Friday afternoon (day before 4th of July) and it was pretty busy, but not overwhelming.
Best for: Children ages 1 to 9
- The hand-powered boats were a big hit. Once they figured out how to use them.
- The Pirate Ship was the centerpiece of the amusement park. People could go on top of the deck or head down below to work on crafts.
- A fun playground
- Because everybody loves bounces houses. My kids, of course, couldn’t resist bouncing around.
- Train! Always a winner in our books. It is a pretty short ride, so we rode it twice. Bonus points since the whole family could ride this one.
- Seeing the mascot, Pirate Pete. It also happened to be his birthday!
- Can’t resist a fun playground. The Camelot playground had one specifically for older kids and one for younger kids. It was even partially shaded with a rubber cushion ground.
The highlight though was going down this bad boy — a dragon slide!
- Special events every Friday. On July 17 kids can dress up in their costume and trick-or-treat throughout the park. On July 31, they will have Superhero Day.
- Park is very manageable. We didn’t feel rushed to “do” everything since the park is a small.
- Fun shows on stage. A great way for the kids to rest or grab a bite to eat.
- Adults are always FREE!
- Other things that we didn’t get to: the new Soarin’ Schooner, the mini carousel, and huge climbing wall.
Tips to enjoy Pirates’ Cove:
- Pack a lunch. Lots of seating in the carousel room for those that want to have a snack.
- Attend on a Friday during the summer. They always have a special event happening.
What a fun day out! This pirate-themed park is perfect for younger children and is manageable for the entire family.
Interested in discovering more fun things to do in Elk Grove Village? Read my Chicago Parent post on this lovely town.