Disclosure: Although I was provided a complimentary scoop, I was not required to express a particular point of view. As always, all opinions are my own.
Kimmers Ice Cream has opened another location in the western suburb of Wheaton. And boy are they lucky to have Kimmers! I was lucky enough to be a part of a blogger event where we went behind the scenes and learned more about Kimmer’s Ice Cream.
Location: 109 E. Front Street, Wheaton
Hours: Summer Hours: Mon – Thurs 11am – 10pm, Fri 11pm – 11pm, Sat 11am – 11pm, Sun 11am – 10pm
Parking: Street parking
- Such a cute place! The pink and black storefront will lure you in.
- Ideal location. Kimmer’s is located right the in the heart of downtown Wheaton, right off the Metra line.
- Love these cute daily reminders!
- Homemade goodness! Seeing the entire ice cream process from start to finish. We started with these white chocolate cookies from a local company….
…and ta da! Fifteen minutes later a fresh batch in all its creamy goodness!!
- So many choices! With over 20+ flavors to choose from like Blueberry Cheesecake or Chocolate Covered Sea Salt, a taste test is a must! Their most popular flavors include the Parent Trap (cookies ‘n cream with a peanut butter swirl) and Sea Salt with Caramel.
- Tons of cone choices! Regular ol’ cone or chocolate waffle cone?
I personally could not resist their famous pink sparkle cone.
- Take some ice cream to go! Tons of options – pints, ice cream cakes (my absolutely favorite), ice cream pies (who knew?)
- Not only is the ice cream heavenly, but the fact that Kimmers gives back to the community makes Kimmer’s even more awesome. They launched their program called Kimmers Kares, “a program that partners with the community with fundraising and co-marketing programs.”
Tips to enjoy Kimmers Ice Cream:
- Make a day out of it! Next door is a toy store and down the block is the library.
After the meeting Kim, going on a mini tour and sneak peek at how the ice cream is made, I can absolutely tell that it is indeed homemade with love. And yes, she is as sweet as the ice cream she makes! So go ahead and do yourself a favor, head over to Kimmer’s and grab a cone. (Even better, a sparkly cone.) Trust me, you’re taste buds will thank you.
Now are you ready for this? One lucky winner will win a $25 gift card to Kimmers Ice Cream in Wheaton. Contest ends 5/30/15 and the winner will be emailed.
a Rafflecopter giveaway