We’ve been meaning to go to a Schaumburg Boomers baseball game for the longest time, and earlier this summer we finally made it out. And while we’ve been to the Schaumburg Boomers stadium before for an Easter egg hunt, we’d never been to a game. We were excited to say the least!
Address: Schaumburg Boomers Stadium, 1999 Springinsguth Road, Schaumburg
Parking: FREE with their own parking lots
Cost: Tickets are very affordable and start at $7 a seat.
- A nice stadium where every seat is a good seat. The stadium is pretty clean overall and there are a few options for seating.
- The lawn area looked like a nice spot to hang around. Hilly with picnic tables and lots of grassy areas for kids to run around.
- Very affordable especially on Sundays with their Family Sunday Pack: $39 for 4 Tickets, 4 Hot Dogs and 4 Sodas. The Family Sunday Pack MUST be purchased over the phone or in person at the Boomers Box Office.
- Kids area with a bouncy house, a giant slide, and an obstacle course. Great way to keep the kids occupied if they start getting antsy. $2 if part of the Kids Club.
- Special events throughout the summer. We visited during Harry Potter Night and saw a few people dressed up. Other fun themed days include Star Wars night or even the fun Marshmallow Night? Check out their schedule here.
- Fun between innings. Plenty of entertainment to keep everyone entertained. My kids has such a laugh watching these people “jousting.”
Tips to Enjoy a Schaumburg Boomers baseball game:
- Sign up for their FREE Coop’s Kid Club for those kids 12 and under. You’ll get:
- Personalized membership card
- Lawn voucher for each Sunday home game.
(Ability to upgrade to Box Seats subject to availability.)
- 10% Discount in the Boomers Merchandise Store at every game with Kids Club membership card.
- Discounted access ($2) to Coop’s Kids Corner for every home game with membership card
- Happy Birthday e-card from Coop
- Enrollment in the Wintrust Junior Savers Program
- Chance to play catch on the field after select Sunday home games
- Subscription to Coop’s Kids Club e-newsletter
- Boomers players sign autographs for every fan after Sunday home games.
- Kids can run the bases after every home game.
- Take a peek at the Frontier Cup. It’s located by the will call window and gift shop.
Did you know?
- The stadium’s playing surface has the same dimensions as Wrigley Field.
- The Boomers have won the championship the last two years in a row (and the team has only existed for three years).
- The team is named after the booming sound of the male prairie chicken, which roamed the Schaumburg area within the last 100 years.
Going to a baseball game, especially a Schaumburg Boomers game, is always a guaranteed fun time. Plus it’s very affordable for the entire family!
GIVEAWAY NITTY GRITTY:
Win (4) FREE tickets for your family!
Summer may be halfway over but there’s still time to catch a Boomers baseball game. I want to help make that happen so I am giving away four tickets for one lucky family to see a Schaumburg Boomers game. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. Reservations will be required. Contest ends Sunday, August 3, 2015 at 12:00 a.m.
Disclosure: Our family was provided complimentary tickets for a Schaumburg Boomers game. I was not required to express a particular point of view and all opinions are my own.