Remember when I visited The Heart of Europe Cafe back when it opened? (Read all about it here.) Well, the two sweet sisters who own the bakery and cafe, Kasia and Emilia, have added another sweet idea to the mix — Sweet Sushi Factory! Candy disguised as sushi. Genius, if you ask me. Both sisters (who happened to be pregnant at the same time), were craving sushi and couldn’t have it. So they made their own sushi..but with a twist. Instead of rice, you’ll see Rice Krispies; Fruit Roll Ups instead of seawood; lemon drops instead of fish eggs (ikura). Everything is oh-so-cute, and their creativity is endless. Sweet Sushi Factory is such a fun treat!
- Presentation is everything! How adorable is this? It comes in a take-out tray like one you would find at a real sushi place along with chopsticks. It’s wrapped up nicely with a cute tag.
- So creative! Look at this — it’s almost too good to eat. Almost.
Seriously, how cute are these?
- A hit with kids. As you can imagine, this was a hit with the whole family. They couldn’t resist eating it with their adorable dinosaur chopsticks. My oldest has already requested his own tray for his upcoming birthday!
- Allergies in mind. Items are nut-free, gluten-free, and dairy free.
- Anyone can try it! They deliver nationwide (shipping starts at $6.90) but local pickup is available at their Barrington shop (The Heart of Europe Cafe).
This sweet candy sushi from Sweet Sushi Factory is such a fun concept! If we’re ever looking for a unique gift, or something different for a party, I would totally pick up some sweet sushi! It’s perfect for any occasion.
Location: Shipping available or local pickup available at 113 S. Cook Street, Barrington, Illinois.
Prices: Sushi ranges from $10.90 (small tray) to around $40 for a party platter.
Disclosure: Our family was able to sample a tray in exchange for a review. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.