I’m always on a mission to find fun playdate ideas. After all, moms can handle only so many indoor playgrounds! Sometimes it would be nice to actually enjoy myself with the kids. Enter Tots Playtime bowling at Pinstripes. The perfect way to have fun WITH the kids!
Time: $3 Kids Bowling is available from 10am – 12pm Monday through Friday
Admission: Adults free; Kids $3/game; Shoe rentals are $4
Where: Numerous locations throughout the area. We went to the South Barrington Pinstripes location at 100 W. Higgins Road, South Barrington
Parking: Plenty of parking
Crowded?: We visited on a Tuesday morning at 10 am and it was not crowded at all. I did hear that Thursdays tend to be a little bit busier.
What is it? Bowling for tots
- The price is right. Kids are $3 each and parents are free. Shoes are extra ($4) but save more if you bring your own shoes.
- Bowling made just for kids! Ideal for toddlers and those similarly aged. As the name suggests, they cater towards younger bowlers with bumpers and ball aimers to help guide the ball to a strike. If the kids weren’t bowling, they were happily distracted with the kid shows on the television. The kids had a blast!
- Service wonderful. Our server Martha was very attentive especially when we had trouble with balls stuck in the gutter. She was very thoughtful and brought things to us even without asking!
- Comfy and clean. We were happy to lounge on their super comfy couches.
- Eating while bowling. We started bowling right at 10 am and even though we ate breakfast, we found ourselves a little bit hungry still. Loved that we could order from their menu from our lane. We ordered a greek yogurt parfait with housemade granola ($3), kid size waffles ($4), and Intelligientsia coffee to wake me up ($3).
- The food was delicious. We’ve had Pinstripes food at the Bistro (review here) and we’ve never been disappointed. This time around was no exception.
Tips to enjoy Mom and Tot Bowling at Pinstripes:
- Make a reservation! Better safe, then sorry!
- Bring your own bowling shoes to save $$$.
- …wouldn’t change a thing – everything was fantastic!
I can’t speak highly enough about our experience. If you’re looking for a different playdate idea, Tots Playtime is for you. And I have to say all the kids AND the moms had a blast. We can’t wait to come back!
Are you ready to go bowling with the kiddos? In fact, I’m making it easy to plan your next play date. I will be giving one lucky family the opportunity to bowl (valid for a group of up to 6 guests) during Tots Playtime (M-F 10am-noon).
Interested in discovering more things to do in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago? Read my list of more than 100 things to do this summer!