Local moms and dads looking for a new place to add to your indoor playground repertoire? Add Tyke Play in Carpentersville to your list! Located right across the street from Spring Hill Mall, the addition of Tyke Play is a welcome sight for parents who are looking for are looking for a fun place for kids to let out energy.
Daniel, the owner and also father of small children, had frequented many indoor playgrounds and found a lack of attention to the parents in most playgrounds. So he created Tyke Play to address issues he found at other indoor playgrounds like high admission and food prices, restricting outside food, lack of seating with a clear view of the play area and charging for wi-fi access. So the end result is Tyke Play, a safe playground for kids, as well as an affordable place where parents will want to come.
- Kids are contained. There is a short wall with gate surrounded the play area, so little ones cannot escape the facility.
- Fun playground. The large indoor playground had slides, tunnels, obstacles. All the fun things that kids love.
- Manageable. The entire play structure is located in one large room with an open floor plan, so it was easy to keep on eye on my 3-year-old.Plus, the tables and seating area were facing the playground, so I was able to watch my daughter as she traversed through the entire play area.
- Little tykes can have fun too. There is a smaller padded section with a slide, blocks, seesaw, and other foam toys. Must be under 42″. My little one enjoyed this section with her new playmate.
- Race track. I thought having a race track was the coolest idea, and was really psyched to find one here as well.
- Bring your own food. Really appreciate that you can bring your own snacks and food. They also offer snacks for just $1 each.
- Clean. Since it’s fairly new, the facility is clean. Not only do they clean nightly, but they have a professional cleaning company that cleans and disinfects the entire facility twice a week.
- Wi-fi. Gotta love free wi-fi, right?
- Party time. They have a party room with reasonable pricing. They start at $200 with the option of parents to bring their own food and beverages. And you can invite as many people as you want – they do not charge for additional partygoers. Kids also have unlimited access to the playground.
- Save money. Starting in April , visit on Wednesdays when they will be starting their Half off – Hump Day promotion with $5 admission. Yay!
- Bring your socks!
- Go ahead, bring your snacks. Love that you are able to bring snacks and drinks. Or purchase pre-packaged snacks for only $1.
What a fun time! My daughter really enjoyed playing here. We’ll definitely be back.
Location: 156 S. Western (Route 31), Carpentersville, IL 60110. Across the street from Spring Hill Mall and next to Southern Belles Pancake House.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 7 PM, Saturday & Sunday: 10 AM – 7 PM
Ticket prices: General admission is $10 for the first child and $8 for each additional child in the same family. This covers all day play including reentry on the same calendar day.
Parking: Plenty of parking available in lot.
Stroller-friendly? Yes, plenty of room to stow it somewhere without it being in the way.
Food: Snacks can be bought at $1 or you can bring your own peanut-free snack.
Crowded: We visited on a Tuesday mid-morning and it was not crowded at all.
What to expect: An indoor play place with a large play structure and a little crawler area for younger kids.
While You’re Here
If you’re in the area, don’t miss out on trying Craft Donuts + Coffee in downtown West Dundee (stay tuned for a review.) The downtown area is a great place to walk around and look at the Fox River. Need a candy break? Around the Corner Candy stocks retro candy with pocket-friendly prices. Looking to have fun outside with nature? You do NOT want to miss Wahoo Woods behind the library.