What’s New at The Abbey Resort?
- Updated guest rooms. We stayed in a king suite and loved every inch that we had.
- They’ve updated the rooms with new bedding, fresh carpet, and an all-new heating and cooling system activated at check-in.
- Gone digital. From the remote of your television screen, you’ll now find resort information, room service menus, an express checkout option and more information accessible from your in-room television.
New and improved Waterfront Restaurant. We had a chance to check out all the new renovations to the harbor-side restaurant. I have to admit, we always deferred to their other restaurant, 240 West, but am so glad to add Waterfront Restaurant to the mix. It’s awesome there! Located in the lower level of the resort, a friendly face first greeted us at the relocated hostess stand….
…then we were treated to the inside with a complete rebrand. Look at those beautiful and unobstructed views of Abbey Harbor from nearly every seat in the restaurant!
The outdoor areas were also refreshed with seating area overlooking the Abbey Harbor and a waterfall.
Besides the updated space, they’ve added new items to their menu including this deliciously healthy salmon Waldorf salad…
and the not-so-healthy but sinfully delicious skillet cookie.
- They’ve kept some favorities like the all-you-can-eat Spotted Cow fish fry served Fridays. It was soooo good. As a matter of fact, my husband still craves it to this day!
- Booking for the Vacation Villas now available online. I was able to tour the Vacation Villas and these fully furnished Vacation Villas are perfect for larger families! Each of the 13 Vacation Villas at The Abbey Resort includes a private patio or balcony, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and all linens, towels, and toiletries, fully equipped kitchen, and access to a private Vacation Villa pool for everyone to enjoy.
- Each villa is decorated differently with different floor plans, but there is a villa to suit every taste and need. Some have private grills, cozy fireplaces and washer and dryer units for comfort and convenience.
Sleeping arrangements range from twin and bunk to king and queen beds, with a handful of villas including a sleeper sofa in the common area. The particular unit had these awesome bunk beds. Can you imagine how much fun the kids will have here?
To top it off, guests of the Vacation Villas enjoy all perks of the resort including access to Avani Spa, the gift and coffee shops and the newly renovated award-winning restaurants.
- New fun for kids. The former arcade will be turned into a new theater, a snack eatery, and a virtual reality experience called “Immersion Virtual Entertainment.” The 4-room virtual reality gaming room sounds so awesome! Don’t worry – a few of the most popular arcade games will be moved to Solarium Way. So exciting!
If you’ve been to The Abbey Resort, now’s the perfect time to revisit again. And if you haven’t, you and your family will be in for a treat! All the changes and updates make The Abbey Resort all the better. You’ll love it – – we definitely did!
Website: http://www.theabbeyresort.com/ (Book here)
Location: 269 Fontana Blvd, Fontana-On-Geneva Lake, WI 53125
Check-in and Check-out: 4 p.m. and 11 a.m.
Parking: Plenty of free parking located onsite.
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.